Sunday, September 7, 2014

I am in your midst!

D&C 6:32-37 
Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, as touching one thing, behold, there will I be in the midst of them - even so am I in the midst of you. Fear not to do good, MY SONS, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward. Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for IF "ye" are BUILT UPON "MY ROCK", "they" cannot prevail. Behold, I  DO NOT CONDEMN you, go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you. Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. BEHOLD the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen. (My emphasis in caps) 

Ok let's parse this: 

Who is speaking? 
To Whom is Christ speaking? 
Why would "His sons" be able to "fear not" after this REVELATION? 
What is it "ye" must be built on? 
What Rock? 
What is the nature of the Rock to be built on? 
Is it any Rock we find that LOOKS like a good rock? 
How would one know if they were on the  true Rock of Christ if they did NOT UNDERSTAND THE TRUE NATURE OF GOD!? 
What does the phrase, "I  DO NOT CONDEMN you" mean for those Christ is speaking to? 
Does this scripture automatically apply to me or to all who thereafter read this passage? 
What does Christ command the witnesses to this revelation to do? 
Why would He need to command them to behold? 
What is it they behold? 

Does this "beholding" have anything to do with: 
1. Fearing not? 
2. Of Christ being in the midst where two or three are gathered together in my name? 
3. Of being His Sons/daughters? 
4. Doing good? 
5. Sowing and then reaping? 
6. Having the capacity to "build upon My Rock? 
7. To not being condemned? 
8. To having the capacity to "sin no more"? 
9.  To having the capacity to "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." 
10. Earth and hell NOT prevailing over them? 

How are they qualified or prepared to be able to "behold"? 

Is it because Christ has named them a son, and condemned them not, or in other words, He took away their sins? 
If their sins are taken away are they "sinless"? 
If sinless, and a son, are they not begotten? 
Why does this description of them receiving this so resemble the attributes of Christ as our Savior? 
What exactly is going on here? 

Have you beheld Salvation? 

41 Behold, here is wisdom concerning the children of Zion, even many, but not all; they were found transgressors, therefore they must needs be chastened— 
42 He that exalteth himself shall be abased, and he that abaseth himself shall be exalted. 
43 And now, I will show unto you a parable, that you may know my will concerning the redemption of Zion. (Doctrine and Covenants, Doctrine and Covenants, D&C 101)

"they were found transgressors"
Transgressors of what?
"He that exalteth himself"

Do we exalt ourselves when we assume we have the same blessing as those who have stood in the Presence of Christ, and beheld His body and His wounds? In other words, do we exalt ourselves when we assume that when 2 or 3 of us are gathered together that Christ is in our midst? Have we received what those in this scripture received? 

If we haven't, then He may not be in the midst if us, and to assume as much is the height of vanity and pride. Him in our midst would be reserved for those who received all that was given in the revelation and manifestation to those present that day. If we have that, then when we gather, He IS in our midst indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment