Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Who will appoint time?

Jeremiah 50:44
"who is a chosen man, that I may appoint over her? for who is like me? and who will appoint me the time? and who is that shepherd that will stand before me?"

My life, and my journey to awaken, have at times included:
1. revelation and knowledge from heaven first
2.  scholarly learning or scriptural validation after

 As I have proceeded, I have been blessed at these times to see truth vs. error in what is being taught, precisely because I knew from a heavenly source first, so that the learning I was receiving from the learning of men was a second witness, (or a false witness, depending on the content), which I could then discern between, because one was full of the light and truth, the other not, and thereby the true path became clear. 

I have also at times relied more on the words of others, and my mind has been darkened as I do this. Because from the words of men come  "belief". When belief  of other's words come FIRST, before the heavenly witness,  I must work backwards and get knowledge from God at the end, or after the belief, rather than at the beginning. ("Knowledge from God", meaning I KNOW a thing directly from God and my faith and belief are dormant in that thing) 

The solution is to step away; connect with God. This is an equation which has worked for me.  The amount of revelation I receive is in direct proportion to the amount of time spent seeking Him. The less time on mans opinions, the greater the heavenly outpouring. I love all discussion, and learn a great deal from others.  The Lord who can show me directly without any learning of men. Even if We know a thing, if We share that knowledge, those who receive it can only believe in it, until God shows them the truth of the matter Himself, at which time they know it, rather than just believe what was taught. 

What do I value most? If I want to receive what God is extending to me, I acquire that,  based upon law, which law is sacrifice, which in my experience has  always included as a minimum, a sacrifice first and foremost of my time; giving time to God has ALWAYS resulted in the heavens opening to me. 

The Lord is giving us an equation here: They "Who will appoint me the time", are the ones that God speaks to and comes to and become His friend. That is the law. 
"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am; (D&C 93)

What sins must I forsake? Worshipping false idols or in other words, giving my time to Babylon. This scripture is all about TIME! You give time to God and you will know Him. If repentance means to "turn and face Him", that would necessarily mean time. 

Who will appoint time to the Holy One of Israel?

P. S. We have among us a friend of God, the Counsel of The Lord, sent to restore the truth so we can then heed it. "Surely the least of the flock shall draw them out". He gave this counsel in a dedication to Passing the Heavenly  Gift on this scripture from Jeremiah 50:

 "for those willing to take counsel and flee Babylon"

We "flee" in one sense by appointing to God our most precious of commodities: Time

1 comment: